Class 40 is a French association within the sport of sailing which administers the monohull Class 40 of sailboats. The association is responsible for defining and updating the class rules for the boats, and has the additional aims of co-ordinating events.
The Class 40 monohulls are high-performance racing boats, designed principally for single-handed or small crew offshore competition.
Class 40 monohulls were overnumbering all other boat classes during their first appearance in a world-class competition, the 2006 Route du Rhum, with 25 boats registered.
Current Class 40 World Champion's are the all British crew of Tony Lawson's Concise.
- Official web site of the Class 40 association
- Charter – Express 40 offshore racing yacht
- - Akilaria.com - United States importers for the Akilaria Class 40 monohull
- - Akilaria.fr - Official french website for the Akilaria Class 40 monohull
- - Owen Clarke Design - Designers of custom and semi custom Class 40's, of which three sailing are racing in the USA, including the 2008 Class 40 world champion, 40 Degrees.
|25px||This article related to water transport is a stub. You can help Ship Spotting World by expanding it.|