HMS Diadem (1896)
|Builder:||Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Govan|
|Launched:||21 October 1896|
|Fate:||Sold 9 May 1921|
|Length:||435 ft (133 m) (462 ft 6 in (140.97 m) o/a)|
|Beam:||69 ft (21 m)|
|Draught:||25 ft 6 in (7.77 m)|
2 shaft triple expansion engines|
16.500 - 18,000 hp
|Speed:||20 - 20.5 knots|
6 inch casemates|
4.5-2 inch decks
HMS Diadem was the lead ship of the Diadem-class of protected cruiser in the Royal Navy. She was built at Fairfield Shipbuilding & Engineering Co Ltd, Govan and launched on 21 October 1896. She served in the First World War with her sisters. In 1914 she was a stokers' training ship, and was placed in reserve in October 1915. She was returned to being a stokers' training ship in January 1918, and survived the War to be sold to Ward of Morecambe for breaking up on 9 May 1921.
- Colledge, J. J.; Warlow, Ben (2006) . Ships of the Royal Navy: the complete record of all fighting ships of the Royal Navy (Rev. ed.). London: Chatham. ISBN 9781861762818. OCLC 67375475.
- Diadem class at worldwar1.co.uk