MV Red Falcon
|Name:||MV Red Falcon|
|In service:||Apr 1994 - Dec 2003, Apr 2004 - present|
|Identification:||IMO number: 9064047|
|Class and type:||Car Passenger Ferry|
|Tonnage:||3,953 gross register tons (GRT)|
|Length:||93.22 m (305.8 ft)|
|Beam:||17.5 m (57.4 ft)|
|Decks:||5, including 3 vehicle decks|
|Speed:||14 kn (25.9 km/h)|
|Capacity:||895 passengers, 220 cars|
MV Red Falcon is a Raptor Class vehicle and passenger ferry operated by Red Funnel on their route from Southampton to East Cowes on the Isle of Wight. She was built by Ferguson Shipbuilders in Glasgow.
She first entered service in 1994, being bought new by Red Funnel along with sister ship Red Osprey and as such, has operated the same regular route throughout her life. Between January and March 2004 she was re-fitted and extended by Remontawa in Gdansk, Poland, in order to increase vehicle capacity by 80 and allow a greater passenger capacity. This involved the lengthening of the ship by 9.6 m (31 ft).
- "Red Funnel Isle of Wight Ferries - Vessel Archive 1981-2010". Red Funnel. http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/corporate-information/company-history/vessel-archive-1981-2010. Retrieved 2009-04-22.
- "Maritime Journal: Linkspan Lifts Red Funnel's Fortunes". www.maritimejournal.com. 2005-02-01. http://www.maritimejournal.com/archive101/2005/february/port,_harbour__and__marine_construction/linkspan_lifts_red_funnels_fortunes. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "Red Funnel - vehicle ferry fleet". www.redfunnel.co.uk. http://www.redfunnel.co.uk/ferry-travel/passenger-vehicle-ferry-service/vehicle-ferry-fleet. Retrieved 2009-01-15.
- "Red Funnel plans to stretch car ferries". Black Jack (World Ship Society, Southampton branch) (123): 10. December 2002. http://www.solentwaters.co.uk/JAlbum%20Newsletters/Southampton%20WSS%20Black%20Jack/Dec02BJ.pdf. Retrieved 2009-04-23.
- "BBC News - "Investigators examine ferry crash"". www.bbc.co.uk. 2006-03-11. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/hampshire/4795670.stm. Retrieved 2009-01-15.
| Red Falcon]]