Montañes class ship of the line
From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
The Montañes were a class of four ships of the line built between 1794 and 1798. The four ships in the class, and their fates, were:
- Montañés (1794) - ran aground in 1810,
- Neptuno (1795) - lost in the storm after the Battle of Trafalgar,
- Monarca (1794) - captured by Britain at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and later lost in the storm,
- Argonauta (1798) - captured by Britain at the Battle of Trafalgar in 1805 and later sunk in the storm.
- http://es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anexo:Nav%C3%ADos_de_l%C3%ADnea_de_la_Armada_Espa%C3%B1ola Spanish Wikipedia - List of ships of the line of the Spanish Navy (In Spanish)