USS Raritan (WYT-93)
|Career (United States)|
|Namesake:||The Raritan River in New Jersey|
|Builder:||Defoe Boat Works, Bay City, Michigan|
|Launched:||23 March 1939|
|Acquired:||1 November 1941|
|Fate:||Returned to United States Department of the Treasury for United States Coast Guard service 1 January 1946|
|Notes:||Decommissioned by U.S. Coast Guard 1988|
|Length:||110 ft (34 m)|
|Beam:||27 ft (8.2 m)|
|Draft:||11 ft (3.4 m)|
|Speed:||11.2 knots (20.75 km/h)|
Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941 transferred the entire Coast Guard from the United States Department of the Treasury to the United States Navy. Raritan continued duty in the Boston Harbor area through the end of World War II in 1945.
After the Coast Guard was returned to the Treasury Department on 1 January 1946 in accordance with Executive Order 9666, Raritan continued to operate in Boston Harbor. She subsequently was transferred to Portsmouth, Virginia. and in 1962 she was assigned to the Great Lakes.
Raritan's career after that awaits further research.
Raritan was decommissioned from Coast Guard service in 1988.