Doha 2006 (yacht)
From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
Doha 2006 is a maxi-catamaran, that participated in many offshore races.
It had several names :
- Club Med, skippered by Grant Dalton, for The Race,
- Maiden 2, skippered by Tracy Edwards and Brian Thompson,
- Doha 2006, skippered by Brian Thompson for the Oryx Quest.
- Under the name Club Med in 2000 : Winner of The Race.
- Under the names Club Med or Maiden 2 3 times between 2000 and 2002 : Winner of the 24 hours distance record, with, in 2002, 694.78 nautical miles. 
- Under the name Doha 2006 in 2004 : Winner of theOryx Quest.
- Launched : 2000
- Type : Catamaran
- Architect : Gilles Ollier
- Shipyard : Multiplast
- Length : 33,50 m (110 ft)
- Width : 16,50 m (54 ft)
- Displacement : 21 tons
- Mast height : 40 m (131 ft)
- Crew : 13 (for The Race)