|Career (Egypt)||Egyptian Navy Jack|
|Builder:||Samuda Brothers, Cubitt Town, London|
|Reclassified:||Rebuilt 1951 and became a naval training vessel|
145.72 m (478 ft 1 in)|
Lengthened from 128.5 m (421 ft 7 in) in 1872 by 40 ft
In 1905 lengthened by a further 16 ft 5 in (5.00 m)
|Beam:||13 m (42 ft 8 in)|
|Draught:||5.3 m (17 ft 5 in)|
|Propulsion:||Steam turbine, 3 screws, 6,500 hp (4,100 kW)|
16 kn (30 km/h) maximum|
13 kn (24 km/h) cruise
It had two significant alterations, being lengthened by 40 feet in 1872, with a further 16.5 feet being added in 1905. The 1905 rebuild was undertaken at the Pointhouse Shipyard of A & J Inglis in Glasgow, Scotland and included the replacement of its two paddle wheels with triple screws powered by steam turbines built by Inglis at their Warroch Street Engine Works in Glasgow. Inglis were one of the first companies to be granted a license by the Parsons Marine Steam Turbine Company, Wallsend for the construction of steam turbines in their own works.
After the abdication of King Farouk, it was taken over by the Egyptian government for use as a naval training ship, and was given her current name. It spent most of its career in the eastern Mediterranean, but did participate in the International Naval Review held to commemorate the bicentennial of the United States of America.
Still in use in 2001 as a 'superyacht'.