Empire Barbara was a 275 GRT tug which was built by Cochrane & Sons Ltd, Selby. Launched on 5 October 1944 and completed in February 1945. To the Admiralty in 1947 and renamed Adept. Sold to the Government of Ceylon and renamed HMCyS Aliya. Allocated to the Royal Ceylon Navy. Refitted in 1964. Sold to Steel Corporation of Sri Lanka for scrapping in 1978.