FV Time Bandit
The F/V Time Bandit is a commercial crab fishing vessel co-captained by brothers Johnathan and Andy Hillstrand. It is featured on the Discovery Channel series Deadliest Catch. The Time Bandit is a 113-foot house aft boat owned by the Hillstrand brothers that was designed by the Hillstrands' father. The five men helped custom-build the boat's interior, including some comforts unheard of in a crab boat: a four-man sauna, state rooms with queen-size beds and a dishwasher. Three of the five Hillstrand brothers make up the six-man crew along with Jonathan's son Scott. The vessel carries 137 pots.
- Weight: 298 tons
- Length: 113 feet (34.45 meters)
- Beam: 28 feet (8.53 meters)
- Draft: 8 feet (2.44 meters)
- Cruising Speed: 9 knots
- Engines: Two 425hp Cummins diesels
- Props: Two 52x58 prop
- Hydraulics: Two 125kw auxiliaries
- Crane: 10 ton 40’ knuckle boom
- Built in 1991 at the Giddings Boat Yard in Coos Bay
- "Deadliest Catch - Meet the Men". Discovery Communications, LLC. http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/deadliestcatch/bios/bios_05.html. Retrieved 2009-07-13.
|32px||This fishing-related article is a stub. You can help Ship Spotting World by expanding it.|