HMS Agincourt (1796)
From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
|Builder:||Perry, Blackwall Yard|
|Launched:||23 July 1796|
|Renamed:||HMS Agincourt, 1796|
|General characteristics |
|Class and type:||64-gun third rate ship of the line|
|Tons burthen:||1439 tons (1462.1 tonnes)|
|Length:||172 ft 8 in (52.63 m) (gundeck)|
|Beam:||43 ft 4 in (13.21 m)|
|Depth of hold:||19 ft 9 in (6.02 m)|
|Sail plan:||Full rigged ship|
|Armament:||64 guns of various weights of shot|
For other ships of the same name, see HMS Agincourt.
HMS Agincourt was a 64-gun third-rate ship of the line of the Royal Navy, launched on 23 July 1796 at Blackwall Yard, London. She was bought from the East India Company in 1796, where she had been called Earl Talbot.
She was decommissioned in 1809 and converted to a prison ship in 1812, before being broken up in 1814.
- Lavery, Brian (2003) The Ship of the Line - Volume 1: The development of the battlefleet 1650-1850. Conway Maritime Press. ISBN 0-85177-252-8.
|50px||This article about a ship of the line of the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Ship Spotting World by expanding it.|