From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
File:Tugboat diagram-num.svg
Item #16 in this diagram is the hawser.

Hawser is a nautical term for a thick cable or rope used in mooring or towing a ship.[1] [2] A hawser passes through a hawsehole or cat hole,[3] located on the hawse.[4]


da:Trosse de:Trosse fr:Aussière io:Amaro no:Trosse