Tree class trawler
|Operators:|| Royal Navy|
22x20px Portuguese Navy
|Built:||1939 - 1945|
|General characteristics |
|Beam:||27 feet 8 inches|
|Draught:||11 feet i inch (mean)|
|Propulsion:||One triple expansion reciprocating engine, 1 shaft, 850 ihp|
The Tree class trawlers were a type of anti-submarine vessel which served in the Royal Navy during the Second World War. They were nearly identical to the Isles class trawlers, of which they are usually considered a subclass.
Six Tree class trawlers were lost during the war: Almond, Ash, Chestnut, Hickory, Juniper and Pine. One (Mangrove) was transferred to Portugal in 1943.
By the end of 1946, only Olive and Walnut remained in service with the Royal Navy.  Both were sold in 1948.
Ships in class
- Built by Ardrossan Dockyard Company, Ardrossan, UK
- Built by Cochrane & Sons, Ltd., Selby, UK
- Built by Cook, Welton & Gemmell, Beverley, UK
- Built by Ferguson Brothers, Ltd., Port Glasgow, UK
- Juniper - Launched 15 December 1939, commissioned 9 March 1940; sunk in Norwegian Sea by gunfire from German heavy cruiser Admiral Hipper when intercepted by naval squadron under Vizeadmiral Wilhelm Marschall, 8 June 1940. 
- Mangrove - Launched 4 April 1942, transferred to Portugal 1943 as Faial (P2)
- Built by Goole Shipbuilding & Repair Company, Goole, UK
- Built by Hall, Russell & Company, Aberdeen, UK
- Built by A. & J. Inglis, Ltd., Glasgow, UK
- Built by Henry Robb, Ltd., Leith, UK
- Built by Smith's Dock Company, Ltd., South Bank-on-Tees, UK
- Robert Gardiner (ed. dir.), Conway's All the World's Fighting Ships, p. 66. London: Conway Maritime Press, 1980.
- Anthony Preston (ed.), Jane's Fighting Ships of World War II, p. 78. New York: Military Press, 1989. This largely a reprint of Jane's Fighting Ships 1946-47 with materials from some earlier editions.
- Richard Humble, Hitler's High Seas Fleet, p. 57. New York: Ballantine Books, 1971.
- Isles class trawler
- Dance class armed trawler
- Portuguese class naval trawler
- Shakespearian class trawlers
- Trawlers of the Royal Navy