USC&GS Arago (1871)
|Career (United States)||100x35px|
|Namesake:||Dominique François Jean Arago (1786-1853), a French naturalist|
|Builder:||Maury and Steinburg, New York, New York|
|Fate:||Sold to U.S. Lighthouse Service 1890|
|Length:||93 ft 5 in (28.47 m)|
|Beam:||15 ft 8 in (4.78 m)|
|Draft:||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
USC&GS Arago was a steamer that served as a survey ship in the United States Coast Survey from 1871 to 1878 and in the United States Coast and Geodetic Survey from 1878 to 1890. She was the second ship of the Coast Survey or Coast and Geodetic Survey to bear the name.
When the Coast Survey was reorganized in 1878 to form the Coast and Geodetic Survey, Arago became a part of the new service.
From 1871 until 1881, she was one of two ships in Coast Survey and Coast and Geodetic Survey named Arago, the other being Arago of 1854.
Arago was sold to the United States Lighthouse Service in 1890.