USC&GS Davidson (1925)

From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
Career (United States) 100x35px U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey flag.png
Name: Davidson
Namesake: George Davidson (1825-1911), an accomplished geodesist and United States Coast Survey official
Builder: Luders, Stamford, Connecticut
Completed: 1925
Acquired: 1933 (from U.S. Coast Guard)
Commissioned: 1933
Decommissioned: 1935
Fate: Returned to U.S. Coast Guard 1935
General characteristics
Type: Launch
Length: 75 ft (23 m)
Beam: 13.6 ft (4.1 m)
Draft: 4 ft (1.2 m)
Propulsion: Twin gasoline engines

The first USC&GS Davidson was a launch in service with the United States Coast and Geodetic Survey from 1933 to 1935.

Davidson was built by the Luders at Stamford, Connecticut, in 1925 for the United States Coast Guard. The Coast and Geodetic Survey acquired her in 1933, named her Davidson, and placed her in service that year. The Survey returned her to the Coast Guard in 1935.