From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
Costa Mediterranea is a Spirit-class cruise ship operated by Costa Cruises. She was constructed at the Kvaerner Masa-Yards (currently Aker Finnyards) in Helsinki, Finland at a cost of over 400 million Euros. Her design, like sister ship, Costa Atlantica, was derived from Carnival Cruise Lines' Spirit-class ships (Carnival Spirit, Carnival Pride, Carnival Legend and Carnival Miracle). On June 16, 2003 she departed on her maiden voyage from Genoa to Spain and Portugal.
Her public rooms, like the ten floor high Maschera d'Argento Atrium, were inspired by Italy's 16th and 17th century palazzi and decorated to reflect the ship's motto "Mai visto niente di simile" (You've never seen anything like it). The twelve decks are named after mythological and historical characters: Circe, Tersicore, Bacco, Teseo, Orfeo, Narciso, Prometeo, Pegaso, Armonia, Cleopatra, Pandora and Medea.
- On September, 10th 2008 "Costa Mediterranea" became the first ship which has arrived to New Sea Passenger port of St. Petersburg, Russia.
Amenities and Features
- Four swimming pools, one with a retractable glass roof
- Four open-air Jacuzzis
- Beauty salon and spa
- Three-story gym
- Multi-purpose sports court
- Three restaurants: Ristorante degli Argentieri (two-story main dining venue), Perla del Lago Buffet, Club Medusa (alternative dining venue)
- 14 Themed bars and lounges
- Egyptian themed Osiris Theatre
- Canal Grande Casino
- Selva Discothèque
- Squok Club children's facilities
- Mondo Virtuale Arcade
- Library/Internet Cafe
- Via Condotti Shops
has media related to:
[[Commons: Category:Costa Mediterranea
| Costa Mediterranea