Texas Tornado (dinghy)
From SpottingWorld, the Hub for the SpottingWorld network...
- LOA 16’ 5” (aprox 5 meters)
- Waterline 15' 7”
- Beam 5’ 7”
- Mast 22'
- Boom 11' 6"
- Sail Area 160 ft (mainsail and jib, spinnaker is additional)
- Draft, centerboard raised: 6"
- Draft, centerboard down: 3' 9"
- Displacement: 425 pounds, fully rigged.
- Portsmouth handicap of 91 (high, indicating the quickness of this boat).
Planing bottom allows exceeding hull speed. Large, foam-filled flotation tanks on each side make it unsinkable, and give the mainsheetman lots of time to recover a roll and avoid capsizing. Self-bailing scuppers keep the interior free of water.
|40px||This article about a specific civilian ship or boat is a stub. You can help Ship Spotting World by expanding it.|