|This article does not cite any references or sources.
Please help improve this article by adding citations to reliable sources. Unsourced material may be challenged and removed. (November 2006)
|LOA||8.25 m (27 ft 1 in)|
|LWL||7.00 m (23 ft 0 in)|
|Beam||2.46 m (8 ft 1 in)|
|Draft||1.17 m (3 ft 10 in)|
|Hull weight||2,300 kg (5,100 lb)|
|Main & Jib area||31.7 m2 (341 sq ft)|
The Albin Vega was a brand of yacht designed in 1965 and put into production in 1966 after extensive sea trials. Production ended in 1979 with almost 3400 hulls built. The manufacturer was Albin Marin of Kristinehamn, Sweden.
The Vega is considered a solid sailboat and it has cruised around the world on many occasions, the more extreme being trips made by Jarle Andhøy and his crews to Antarctica and to the north of Spitsbergen in Berserk.
Albin Vega Reviews
- David Mercy, "Berserk in the Antarctic", Summersdale Publishers, ISBN 978-1840244793
- Jarle Andhøy and Alex Rosén, "Berserk til Valhall", Flyt forlag. ISBN 978-8292465295
- Albin Vega Worldwide Page
- American Vega Association
- British Albin Vega Association
- Yahoo group for Albin Vega owners
- Yachtsnet archive
- The Vega Berserk in Antartica
- Sail plan and hull drawings
- The Vega Handbook by Per Brohall
- Dutch Albin Vega V1681 KJ Antaba complete renovation Dutch Vega reference
|40px||This article about a type of ship or boat is a stub. You can help Ship Spotting World by expanding it.|